Welcome to the Arcane Sanctuary

Author Topic: Introductions - Post Your In-Character Introductions Here!  (Read 1783 times)

Jaytham Firestar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Introductions - Post Your In-Character Introductions Here!
« on: January 24, 2016, 07:34:44 AM »
Greetings. I am Jaytham Firestar, an ex-Blood Knight living in Silvermon.

After the murder of my husband, Zae'nir, I abandoned the ways of the Light and gave up my title as Blood Knight. For years I have battled with loneliness and agony, barely possessing the will to live. The third war took everything from me... My husband and my people, gone - wiped out by an undead menace. I sulk in the remains of Silvermoon, my soul tormented by feelings of both vengeance and surrender.

Recent events have caused me to unwillingly take up a blade once more. I have been put in charge of organizing a band of brave individuals for the Arcane Sanctuary. I do not know how, but I will pick up a blade again. But this time, my blade will be accompanied by a shield. I no longer wish to swath my enemies down, but instead defend the ones I love - I should have done that in the first place.

I now suffer from the fear of change - I doesn't want to leave the decrepit home I have been living in for so long. While I have helped my small community of Blood Elves with some little  and big tasks, I haven't dared yet again taken up the mantle of a Paladin. I am too afriad to start over, but know that I must. I have no hope for the future, but recently I have been feeling pinches of restlessness.With the responsibility of the Arcane Sanctuary, I may finally have a chance to re-evaluate the meaning of life, love, and elven pride once more. Is it finally time for me to strike out again, and regain the courage to fight for what is right?

(OOC: I am generally the one you will want to speak to regarding any guild questions, promotions, or recruitment options. Jaytham tends to run things, despite his perceived inability to do so. I will be uploading guild information as well as screenshots of some of our RP events and chats that may be important to the development of our guild story and characters. Feel free to reach out to me with any questions! :) )
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 02:11:40 AM by Jaytham Firestar »
Somehow, we will find strength...

Zinjun

• Grow. For the Horde, grow.
    • View Profile
    • Jon James Writes
Re: Introductions!
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 01:53:18 AM »
Greetings. I am Zinjun, a troll monk. I know it is an odd combination, a lanky oafish troll practicing the graceful martial arts brought to Azeroth by the Pandaren, but really, that is the entire point. Not very long ago, my parents were killed by Alliance Pandaren, and at that point I began harboring an intense hatred for the race. I spent time in the dungeons for crimes against members of that species, for which I cannot claim to be entirely ashamed. But while in the dungeons, I resolved that I did not want to return there, and I further realized I did not wish to dwell in hate any longer. In a cell near mine was an ancient Tauren who spoke with me occasionally. As he heard my story and learned of my resolutions, he advised me to learn sympathy for the Pandaren by studying their culture and practicing my arts. The thought made bile rise in my throat initially, but eventually I grew to find it palatable, or at least more palatable than days on end in the darkness and dampness of my cell. When I was released, I took up the bull's advice, and began my studies as a monk.

(OOC) I have a family and a lot of hobbies, so I play infrequently. I am most interested in RP but also leveling and casual instances. I'll probably be on most in mornings and weekends. (/OOC)
Thus speaks Zin'Jun of Tribe Darkspear

Zephiir

• View Profile
Re: Introductions - Post Your In-Character Introductions Here!
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 05:36:35 AM »
I am Zephiir a young adult Blood Elf, and this is my story:

I was a child when the Scourge came to Quel'thalas. When the Scourge attacked Silvermoon City my parents hid me in a secret room in our house. I stayed in the darkness for about a week, after the sounds of battle had gone and my parents had not returned, I ventured out to discover wretches shuffling through the buildings and wandering the paths.

Terrified I retreated back into my hiding place and prayed to the light for help. I felt a warmth in his heart as the light filled me  with strength and the courage needed to use it.

I don't remember much about the day I fled the Ruins of Silvermoon; I just remember being woken up by a warm tingling sensation spreading throughout my body. I slowly opened my eyes to see another elf wreathed in golden light chanting over me as the warmth continued to spread throughout my body.

After a restful sleep brought on by the healing I sought out the healer. I discovered him attending to another person, but as I walked closer something felt wrong - tainted. I noticed the healer was sweating, and looked exhausted. I knelt down next to the healer and took one of his hands. The healer looked up surprised, peered at me, nodded, and started saying the prayer louder and slower. I felt myself following along and repeating the words in rhythm.  Slowly my chest grew warm, and then the warmth spilled out and down my arms to the elf on the ground.  The healer glanced over at me then, and smiled brightly. We kept up the prayer for another 10 minutes until drained my grip loosened and fell to the ground exhausted.

I woke up early the next morning and found myself in a bed in the inn. The healer appeared as I sat up and introduced himself as Aldrae. Aldrae asked me to help him tend to more patients, and together the two of us saved many from the clutches of the wretched over the next few weeks.
Then one day no more survivors were found. Aldrae took me aside and told me he would be heading back to the surviving portion of Silvermoon City in a few days as it was almost restored. Aldrae offered to take me with him and train me to be a Priest. I accepted and I am now training at the Sunfury Spire with Aldrae, to use the light to heal others.

(OOC: I will probably be late in the evenings, and/or sometimes during the day. I'm currently at university, so it depends on homework etc. I at some point would like to go through all the raids (preferably in order). I also love the lore of WoW I have almost all the books, and am now starting to watch the playlist created by nobbel on youtube. Let's have fun! :D)

(OOC: ps if you get the reference from the beginning you're awesome! =D)